A National Level Voluntary Consumer Organisation. (All India Registration No. S/9194/Delhi)
1. To create consumer awareness by educating them about their duties and rights.
2. To help Consumers to obtain their rights and protect them from unfair trading.
3. To educate all citizens and consumers by lectures, meetings, workshops, exhibitions and audio-visual aids about consumer movement, consumer protection and consumer welfare.
4. To establish an academy or research centre to study Indian Consumer Policy and to establish such centres (Consumer Clubs) in School, Colleges and Universities.
5. To solve consumers grievances by taking their cases with concerned companies/parties.
6. To To help consumers for taking their cases in Consumer Forums and demand justice for consumers.
7. To make efforts to form guidelines about price, distribution and sale of goods.
8. To protect all the consumers economically and socially.
9. To work with different co-related organizations of equal thoughts on state and national level for the welfare of the consumers.
10. To help co-related organizations of equal thoughts or to give them affiliation of such co-related organization for development of work.
11. Not to participate or take part in canvassing in any political elections.
12. To discuss with State or Central Government and take decision for consumer welfare.