Akhil Bhartiya Grahak Panchayat
A National Level Voluntary Consumer Organisation. (All India Registration No. S/9194/Delhi)
1. To create consumer awareness by educating them about their duties and rights.
2. To help Consumers to obtain their rights and protect them from unfair trading.
3. To educate all citizens and consumers by lectures, meetings, workshops, exhibitions and audio-visual aids about consumer movement, consumer protection and consumer welfare.
4. To establish an academy or research centre to study Indian Consumer Policy and to establish such centres (Consumer Clubs) in School, Colleges and Universities.
5. To solve consumers grievances by taking their cases with concerned companies/parties.
6. To To help consumers for taking their cases in Consumer Forums and demand justice for consumers.
7. To make efforts to form guidelines about price, distribution and sale of goods.
8. To protect all the consumers economically and socially.
9. To work with different co-related organizations of equal thoughts on state and national level for the welfare of the consumers.
10. To help co-related organizations of equal thoughts or to give them affiliation of such co-related organization for development of work.
11. Not to participate or take part in canvassing in any political elections.
12. To discuss with State or Central Government and take decision for consumer welfare.
AIMS & OBJECTS :
The aims and objects for which the Panchayat is established are :
A. To unite consumers into a closely knit, disciplined cadre organization and to develop organized strong independent consumer movement and to inculcate in them the sense of trusteeship, service and patriotism.
B. To educate the consumer at large and the members in particular through various means such as books, periodicals, leaflets, video cassettes and other mass media and to make them conscious of their rights & responsibilities and to strengthen the consumer Resistance Movement.
C. To assist the. consumers to protect their interests against any of the unhealthy practices in the market and to do all within its means to establish their rights.
D. To disseminate information to the members in particular and the consumer at large in general by arranging lectures, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, documentaries and all possible mass media.
E. To establish research centers and to conduct higher education centers for activating ‘Bhartiya Grahak Neeti’ of the consumer movement, to start such centers in schools, colleges and universities and to encourage and assist them.
F. To solve consumers grievances by legal remedies such as filling of suits and proceedings in the courts of Law in the name of ‘Panchayat’ where ever necessary.
G. To help the nation by making efforts to correct the price structure, distribution and marketing conditions through various consumer activities.
H.To take all other steps to achieve the goal of socio-economic welfare of the consumers in general, and it’s members in particular.
I. To strive mainly for safeguarding the rights of the consumers throughout the country. To organize the consumers to fight for their rights. In establishing the rights of the consumers, the ‘Panchayat,’ will not work for profit motive and it will only help to safeguard their interest.
J. The Panchayat will also help all organizations with similar objects. The benefits of the Panchayat will not be denied on account of caste, creed, sex, religion and gender.
K. To do all other acts helping the above referred charitable and social purposes.
L. The office Bearers of the Panchayat shall not contest any political elections.